Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm are amongst the top 3 big players in the UPI money transfer. In this blog post, we will guide you on how to change UPI Pin in Paytm, Google Pay, and PhonePe. Many experts and professional suggests that you should change your UPI Pin and passwords at regular time interval as this could prevent a big misuse of your account.
Previously, we have to go through several complex steps in order to change our passwords and Pin. But now, things have gone simple and we can reset and change our UPI Pin anytime with 100% security. We are going to discuss with you to find the right approach on how to change UPI Pins in Google Pay, PhonePe, and Paytm.
We are discussing these companies because these three alone hold a big market share in the UPI market in India. PhonePe, a Flipkart-owned subsidiary has the largest customer base of around 275-million registered user and 100-million active users. The company has done over 1.03-billion transactions and its strong growth signal suggests that soon it will surpass the 500-million user mark.
Google Pay remains in the second position and Paytm on the third. Previously, Google has taken down Paytm from its Play Store for money gambling-related matters but now the things are fine. Google Pay has the highest growth rate amongst all the other UPI apps and if it goes on then it will soon surpass Phonepe to become #1 payment app in India.
Table of Contents
How to Change UPI Pin in Paytm if I know the Old UPI Pin?
If you do remember you UPI Pin and wanted to change it for security reasons or other purpose then follow the steps below.
1) Go to the Paytm App and Click on the Image icon placed on the top left corner.
2) Go to Settings, inside it there is an option called Save Cards and Bank Accounts.
3) Inside the option, you will see the details of every Bank Accounts you have added. Just click one of them.
4) Click on Create New UPI Pin and after that, you will see a link of I remember my Old UPI PIN.
5) You will be asked about your Old UPI Pin. Just enter it.
6) After entering the correct UPI Pin, a window will pop-up asking you New UPI Pin. Enter the new PIN and save it.
ALSO READ: How to Hide Apps in Oppo Smartphones in 2021
How to Change UPI Pin in Paytm if I have Forgotten it?
If you have forgotten or lost your Paytm UPI Pin and not able to transact money from Paytm anymore. The steps mentioned below is how to change UPI Pin in Paytm if you have forgotten your Pin. Follow the simple steps below.
1) Go to the Paytm account and open the Bank Section of the app.
2) After opening the option, scroll down to the Your Saved UPI Account option.
3) After clicking on it, You will see the Create New UPI Pin.
4) It will ask you to create 6-digit UPI Pin using Debit Card information.
5) Enter the Debit card/ Credit Card last 6-digit number and expiry/validity Date carefully and Click on Proceed.
6) After you click Proceed, a new option will pop-up in which you will be asked to Create your New UPI Pin.
ALSO READ: How to Change Name in PubG
How to Change UPI Pin in PhonePe if I remember the Old One?
Changing the existing UPI pin is not a big deal in Phonepe if you remember the old one. You have to just follow the steps mentioned below.
1) Go to the PhonePe and Click on the My Money icon appearing in the bottom bar of the PhonePe app.
2) In the My Money option, click on UPI in the Payment section.
3) After clicking on UPI, you will see all the Bank account details you have added in PhonePe.
4) Click on any one Bank Account, you will see the Change UPI Pin option.
5) Click on the Change UPI Pin option, enter the old password.
Now, a new window will pop-up asking you to enter your new UPI Pin. Enter the new UPI Pin and click on Proceed.
How to Change UPI Pin in PhonePe if I do not remember the Old Password?
If you have forgotten the old UPI Pin then you have to follow a simple procedure to set a new UPI Pin. For this, you must have a Debit Card of the linked Bank Account and a registered Mobile Number with you.
1) Open the PhonePe app and go to the My Money section from the bottom Toolbar.
2) From the My Money section, go to the Bank Accounts section.
3) In the Bank Account section, you will find all the Bank accounts you have linked to PhonePe.
4) Go to your preferred Bank Account and below that you will find the option of Reset BHIM UPI Pin, Click it.
5) Now a window will pop-up asking last 6-digits and the validity Date of the Debit Card.
6) Now an OTP will be sent to your registered mobile number, enter the OTP.
7) Now enter the New UPI Pin and Click on Save.
How to Change UPI Pin in Google Pay if I remember the Old Pin?
1) Go to the Google Pay app and click on the image icon appearing on the top-right corner of the screen.
2) After that a new side window will open in which you have to click on the Payment methods option.
3) After clicking on the My Payments option, you will see all the Bank account details added to Google Pay.
4) Select the Bank of which you want to change UPI Pin.
5) Proceeding the steps further you have to click on the three-dot menu appearing on the top-right corner and select the Change UPI Pin option.
6) Now you have to enter your old UPI Pin and new UPI pin in the box and click on Proceed.
Also Read: How to Fix Jio Network Problem in 2021
How to Change UPI Pin in Google Pay if I have Forgotten the Old Password?
If you do not remember you old UPI Pin in Google Pay then you have to follow the steps mentioned below to reset your UPI Pin.
1) Click on the Image icon on the top-right corner and go to the Payment Methods option.
2) Click on the option and you will all the Bank Accounts linked to Google Pay.
3) Select the Bank whose UPI Pin you want to Change.
4) As soon as you click the Bank, an option appears below the Bank and there will be an option called Forgot UPI Pin.
5) Now, Enter your last 6-digit debit card number and the Validity.
6) An OTP will be sent to your Registered Mobile number. Enter the OTP and new UPI Pin. At last, Click on Proceed.
Also Read: How to Hide Apps in Mi Smartphones