Snapchat is on a roll nowadays, by launching new features and enhancements to their app. Though many features were launched, the most eye-catching feature is the dark mode. Yes, you heard it right now our so-called app will support dark mode.
Previously, when using social media platforms for a long time we usually feel strain and pain in our eyes. This eye problem even persisted up for weeks or longer. Keeping this problem faced by the user’s many social media apps have launched dark mode. Some of the most popular apps are Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and others.
In Snapchat, the dark mode has been introduced later than the other apps as they were testing their app compatibility with the dark mode. With year-long testing, Snap Inc. has finally given a nod to roll out everyone’s favorite dark mode features to their app.
With this dark mode, we can even use Snapchat even in low light with low strains in our eyes. But the thing is that how to enable the dark mode and where do we get this dark mode option. Wait, don’t be in so hurry we are here just for guiding you with this process. Just follow the steps below and you will be able to use dark mode in Snapchat.
Also Read- How to Allow Camera Access on Snapchat
How to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat if using Android Device
Well, Snapchat keeps promising that it will soon fix the dark mode issue on Android devices. The reason they give is that some of the Snapchat features are not compatible with the Android Operating System.
Then, it means that until and unless the issue is not fixed on Snapchat we are not able to use dark mode in Snapchat? No, we can still use dark mode on Snapchat by following these simple techniques.
Also Read- How to get More Pokeballs in Pokemon Go
Method 1- Simple Method
1) Go to the Settings option of your Android Smartphone.
2) Scroll a little bit and you will be able to see the Display option.
3) Tap on the option and you will be able to see the Dark mode option on your smartphone.
4) Tap it so that you can Enable dark mode into your Android smartphone.
Now, go back to your Snapchat app and see whether the dark mode has been enabled inside the app or not. There is high possibility that the dark mode will be enabled if not then try the advanced method.
Also Read- How to Unhide a Song of Spotify
Method 2- Advanced Method
1) Open your Settings option and go to the About Phone section.
2) Inside the section, you will find Software Information.
3) Tap the option, and search for the Build Number option. Tap it 5 times and the Developer option will be enabled on your smartphone.
4) Now, Go back to the Settings and scroll down. At the bottom, you will notice that the new option called Developer options has been enabled.
5) Click on the option, scroll down and go to the Hardware Accelerated Rendering section in which you will find an option of Force Dark Mode.
Enable it and your Snapchat will 100% support dark mode this time.
Also Read- How to Send Long videos on iPhone
How to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat if using an iOS device
The iPhone users are a bit lucky because Snapchat comes with inbuilt dark mode support. You do not have to configure even a single setting on your iPhone.
1) Open your Snapchat app and log into your account.
2) Click on the Bitmoji icon and then go to the Settings.
3) Scroll a bit and you will see an option of App Appearance in the Settings. Tap the option.
4) Now you will be able to see the option of Match System, Always Light, & Always Dark. Choose the option of Always dark if you want to enable dark mode in Snapchat.
With these simple steps, any iPhone user can easily enable dark mode on Snapchat.
Also Read- How to Convert Picture to PDF on iPhone
FAQs- How to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat
1) How do I get dark mode on Snapchat?
– If you are an iPhone user then you can easily turn ON the dak mode by Visiting the Settings option and then App appearance. There you will find an option of enabling dark mode.
But if you are having a smartphone that supports Android Operating System then it will be a little difficult and lengthy for you to enable dark mode. This is because on Android devices, Snapchat does not support the inbuilt dark mode feature.
2) Which Snapchat update has a Dark Mode?
– If you are using an older version of Snapchat then most probably you will not able to get the Dark Mode feature. Recently, Snapchat has rolled out a new version 184.108.40.206 which comes with the inbuilt dark mode support.
3) How do you restart your Snapchat?
In order to restart Snapchat. First of all, close the app by properly signing out of the app. After signing out also you will find that the app is running in the background. Simply remove it from the background.
After that, restart your phone and log into your Snapchat account once again. You will see the clear cache option inside the Setting, Press it and hurry your Snapchat will be refreshed.
Also Read- How to Grab refurbished iPhones in India
Conclusion- How to enable Dark Mode on Snapchat
In the recent updates on the most popular social media app, Snapchat has launched the Dark Mode feature. Although the dark mode feature was launched for both Android as well as iOS devices after some time the company has removed the Dark Mode from the Android.
Snap Inc. the parent company of Snapchat has clarified that soon the dark mode will be included in the Android phones and they are working on it. But if you are an iOS device user then you are absolutely lucky because the dark mode feature is working well and fine on Apple devices.
If you liked our article then don’t forget to recommend our website to your friends and relatives. Your small step will help us a lot in gaining ground and in return, you will get the all-new authentic and genuine tech tricks from us.