Paytm is India’s leading digital-payment initiative company founded in 2017 by Vijay Shekhar Sharma. Paytm has got more than 100 million downloads on Google Play Store and is currently ranked 3rd position in the UPI apps ranking. The first position is held by PhonePe followed by Google Pay.
Paytm has invested a lot in making its app user-friendly so that it could be used by newbies too but still, some people need expert guidance to use the app. In this blog post, we are going to share with you step by step guide on how to use the Paytm app in 2021.
One97 communication (The parent company of Paytm) frequently brings new updates in Paytm to make it more secure, stable and user-friendly. Since the latest version of Paytm is slightly different from the older version so people might have little difficulty in understanding its functionality.
But you need not worry because we have bought the step-by-step guidance on how to use the latest Paytm app like a pro. Further apart in this blog post, we will also talk about almost all major features of the app.
Why Paytm- Some exemplary features?
There are several digital payment apps available but why you should consider Paytm and what makes it unique from others? Well, just like every other app, Paytm too have some unique feature that binds the app with its customers.
The Paytm app is fully Handcrafted & Made in India and all the transaction data of its users are stored in the Indian server. There are several other features that you should get in the Paytm app.
– Besides getting Cashbacks, you will also get a Paytm Gift Voucher which they can use to purchase online on e-commerce platforms. Also, you can use it to pay your bills online.
– Paytm also has bought postpaid facilities for its users (up to Rs 30,000 with 0% interest rate) in which you first use their service then pay later.
– With the Paytm app, you can now invest in Mutual funds and buy Gold bonds directly from the Paytm wallet.
– Paytm app provide the single window feature to book train tickets, movie tickets, hotels, and many more with just a single click.
– Using the Paytm app, you can now transfer money directly to Bank accounts with zero rupees charge.
– Users can also open their personal bank account using Paytm absolutely free of cost.
Also Read: Droid4x Emulator Offline Installer
How to use Paytm: Download & Create Account
The first step that comes before even thinking of using Paytm is to download and create a Paytm account. So without wasting our time let’s see how to download and create your first account in the Paytm app.
2) Now, open the Paytm app and enter the mobile number linked with your bank account. Paytm will send OTP to verify your mobile number.
3) Now, Paytm will ask you to link your bank account you can even skip this step if you want but it is more preferable if you link your bank account.
4) Select the Bank Name and select the mobile number registered with your bank account.
5) After the successful verification, you are now free to transfer, receive and pay your necessary bills using the Paytm app.
Also Read: How to Delete Pubg Account in 2021
How to add Pin/Finger Lock in Paytm Account
Paytm app is very safe and secure to use as it uses 128-bit encryption to protect users’ data from any malicious attacks. In addition to that, the app is also certified by PCI-DSS (Payment Card Industry- Data Security Standards).
But, it is also important to add a fingerprint or pin lock to the Paytm app so that it can be accessed by only you not others. For this, you need to activate Paytm Security Shield. Here is how to activate it.
1) Select the Image Icon logo appearing on the top-left corner of the app.
2) A side menu will open, you have to go to the Security and Privacy Settings section.
3) You will see the Manage Paytm Security Shield option in the section. Just click on the option.
4) After tapping the option, an interface will open in which you can enhance your security by adding a fingerprint or pin lock.
Also Read: How to get Free UC in Pubg Mobile
How to use Paytm: KYC Completion
As per the RBI guidelines norms, if you want to fully activate your Paytm account which means that you can transfer and receive money from Paytm without limits then you must complete your KYC. The procedure is not very lengthy neither very tough, you just need to enter the details of anyone official documents.
There are several restrictions on Paytm if you haven’t completed your KYC such as your transactions will have a limit of 10,000 rupees per month, you cannot transfer your wallet money, you cannot keep more than Rs 1,00,000 in your wallet, and many other restrictions. After you have entered the KYC details correctly, you can now use Paytm without any limitations.
The KYC we are doing is a minimum KYC which will be valid for up to 24 months. So, here are the steps to complete minimum KYC.
1) Open your Paytm account, Go to the Image Icon appearing on the top-left corner and click on it.
2) In the options given, Select the Your Account option placed second from the bottom.
3) In the Your Account section, click on the Account Details option.
4) After tapping it, you will see the Paytm Wallet Status to be Inactive. Click on it.
5) In order to activate your Paytm wallet, you need to enter the valid details of any one of the official details such as Pan Card, Voter ID, Passport, Driving License, etc.
6) After entering all the valid details, click on Submit button and your KYC will be activated.
Also Read: How to Earn from Flipkart Affiliate Program
How to do Mobile Recharge using Paytm
With the help of Paytm mobile recharge and paying bills have now become super-easy. For this, you have to follow the steps mentioned below.
1) Open your Paytm mobile app.
2) Go to the Mobile Recharge option in the Paytm app.
3) Now, enter the mobile number that you want to recharge using Paytm.
4) Browse through the packs available and select the pack most suitable for you.
5) Now, pay the required amount using Paytm wallet.
Also Read: How to Update Aadhar Card in 2021
FAQs: How to use Paytm app in 2021
1) Do I need Bank Account for Paytm?
– Yes, for using the Paytm app Bank account is a must. All your transactions will be done through your bank account only. If you do not have a bank account then unfortunately you cannot use the Paytm app.
2) How to use Paytm Wallet money?
– Paytm wallet money can be used for various purposes. For example, you can use it for mobile recharges, paying bills, booking movie tickets, booking flights, etc inside the Paytm app.
3) How to use Paytm for Online Shopping?
– Shopping online has now become super easy with Paytm. All you need to select the item you want to purchase online and then choose the option of Pay Online on the app. Now, select Paytm in the option and you will be redirected to the Paytm app. Pay the required amount from your wallet and hurry! you have finally done your online shopping.
4) How can I use Paytm in iPhone?
– Paytm app has almost similar app interface in iPhone too. So if you are a newbie then you can use Paytm easily by following the above methods.
ALSO READ: How to Change Name in PubG
Conclusion: How to Use Paytm
How to use Paytm? It is one of the trending queries available on Google. In this blog post, we have tried to elaborate on the topic “How to Use Paytm” in very depth. We have gone through several blog posts and videos before writing the blog post.
We have collected information and tested it before delivering it to you. If you find our content useful then don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletters. Also, keep visiting our website regularly to stay updated with all the latest content that we post.